1001 Amazing Science Facts
Do bees sleep? Can rocks bend? Discover the amazing answers to questions like these in this science fact-packed treasure trove for kids age 8 to 12!
Join the experts at the Good Housekeeping Institute and get stoked about science! Discover incredible info about awesome animals, our exceptional planet Earth, exciting chemical reactions, extraordinary engineering, and more in this fun-filled, fact-packed book for budding scientists. Packed with hundreds of dynamite color photos and illustrations, hands-on STEAM activities, quizzes, and tons of cheeky jokes, this boredom-busting gift book provides young readers with a close-up look at the science all around us.
Chapters cover super topics that kids love from animals to nature and Earth science to engineering and technology.
Inside you’ll find:
- Dig deep to explore Earth from the inside out, from what’s going on deep below our feet, to why geysers erupt, and if we drink the same water as the dinosaurs did.
- Go inside the human body to learn how your eyes see, what happens to food after you eat it, and about the organ which is like a balloon.
- Investigate our natural world and find out if there are more trees or stars, how a coral reef grows from a tiny animal, and how freezing ice and fiery volcanoes are related.
- Travel back in time and check out why scientists study dinosaur poop. Then blast off into space to see how stars are born and innovations that will help people travel to Mars.
- Look at the animal kingdom, from your fellow primates like chimpanzees to insects with killer instincts (and you’ll even get to find out which ones have the grossest gassy habits…ewww.)
With the expert (and sometimes wacky!) science information kids crave, this ultimate book of answers is the perfect classroom resource or gift for the casual browser and the fact-obsessed budding young scientist.